Friday, July 23, 2010

Am I a third wave feminist

After taking part in a women study class, I believe myself to be a women who stands up for what is right and wants to succeed in what is somewhat still a mans world. I want to not only help women of this country but to look outside our country and help women of all race, religion and color.

The third wave of feminist wants to stop the stereotype of gender and sexuality and make people realize that gender and femininity isn't a bad thing. The third wave started in the 1990s but I believe the biggest change has been in the past 10 years. More people are not afraid to come out and be gay, or dress like a women if they are a man. Our society today has come a long way and it almost to the point where it doesn't phase people anymore. I think of Lady Gaga, she is always wearing weird outfits and I believe she is testing the people to see how they react to her.She is bold and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment