Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bordo- The slender Body

In the lecture slide 12 Bordo- The Slender Body was a great example. I am athletic and go to the gym 4 times a week. I think everyone should be in control of their body, which means taking care of it. The picture of the over weight women eating is sad. But unless they have a health issue then their is no excuse for people to be that over weight. Yes genes and family traits are carried out but you can keep your body healthy. Im not the skinniest person but I'm happy with my body because I do whats good for it. I eat healthy, work out, and take time for myself.
To many women want to look like the air brushed picture they see in magazines, but its not reality. I think it was Brittany Spears who actually had a magazine photograph her with an airbrush shot and then a photo shoot of her not air brushed and it was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment